Tuesday, May 23, 2017

M is for...

M is for Moravian Star Lantern! Not long ago I saw a post on Facebook featuring all sorts of exotic Moravian Star Lanterns and I instantly knew I wanted to attempt to make one. As luck would have it this month one of our themes/challenges at Imagine was “M is for….”. 


I knew I wanted a flat sided one because I wanted to be able to fit one of those battery operated tea lights inside and I needed to be able to build a little shelf inside to hold the light.  I couldn't find a pattern that suited my needs so I ended up making one of my own. The entire piece is made out of paper and Vertigo film so it is very light weight.  The points of the star are 3 sided and contain a magenta, blue and green Vertigo panel.  The gold is Delicata Golden Glitz ink and the green point on the right side is hinged with velcro for access to the light inside!  I couldn't be happier with how it turned out.  At the moment I have it hanging in my bedroom, I think I'm going to make 2 more for a nice little grouping.

1 comment:

  1. I like this a lot. I have some Vertigo film. I think I might give this a try.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!