Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Hypno Wall Art

This month the Club Scrap Artist Team was asked to create something using papers from the Hypno Vintage paper collection.  A fun set of text weight papers with a vintage hypnosis theme.  Since it was text weight paper I decided that I wanted to include origami in the mix somehow so I started looking around and found this wicked cool idea....DIY Geometric Paper Wall Art by Jam Paper.


Their project calls for using 8.5" square sheets of paper which would make your art piece HUGE so I cut mine down to 4" squares.  I ended up making a matching 3 piece set - 2 smaller stars which use 6 folded origami pieces each and the larger focal piece which took 27 origami pieces.  


The large focal piece is mounted on a 13" piece of corrugated cardboard which was painted with Deco Art Americana Decor Chalky Finish paint.  The paper colors are kraft, green, muted red, blue and have all sorts of fun prints, text and designs on each piece of paper.


and each of the smaller stars are mounted on an 8" square of cardboard painted with the same paint.



I wish you could see and feel this piece of art... it is VERY dimensional and so much fun to look at from every angle.   

Tomorrow I will share how I went about making it (as the directions on the Jam Paper site are a bit vague).  Hope you stop by to check it out.  It's a bit time consuming but the finished project is so worth it.

Your next stop on the hop is 


and
if you get lost along the way 
you can find the complete hop list here:


Thanks for stoppin' by!

14 comments:

  1. I can't wait for the directions - love this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea with these papers,Roni and I will come back tomorrow to see how you made it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roni that technique is wicked cool!!! Love the dimemsion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, wicked cool is RIGHT! You have the patience of a saint, my friend. Your finished wall art looks well worth the time. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Roni, we definitely like the same cool 3 D art projects!! I have had this fun folded origami art pinned for a while now and you have taken it to another level!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Triple the wicked cool comment! This ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow that is really cool!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool idea! I like the painted corrugated paper!

    ReplyDelete
  9. RONI! You've done it again! So awesome! Just WOW

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW that does really look amazing! SO 3D which is so fun! Lucky recipients that get those cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this!! Can't wait to find out how to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A super cool technique. Can't wait to see how you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are some cool art pieces! The texture! I wish I could see it in person. The distressed cardboard is the perfect background for these vintage papers. I'm with everybody else, I can't wait to see how you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cool! Might try it with my boys!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!