Thursday, February 18, 2016

Think Spring Tulip

This week at the challenge blog Can You Case It - #107 the challenge is a color themed challenge with the colors being Kraft, Purple and White.  I took up that challenge.  I decided I'm done with winter...  I figure if I ignore the snow on the ground and the cold temps and think about Spring all that other nasty stuff might just go away.  So that's it folks, I'm moving on to Spring!


Happy Spring!

I started off by stamping the tulip onto watercolor paper using VersaMark ink which was then sprinkled with white ep., and heated to melt.  I used my Koi watercolors to then paint the tulip then flicked both purple and a light brown onto the rest of the card.  The watercolor panel is mounted on a piece of kraft colored cardstock and a purple card base.  I thought it needed a little something so I added the twine bow for the finishing touch.

CYCI#107

Supplies:

Just For Fun Rubber Stamps - Tulip, Sentiment
IMAGINE Crafts - VersaMark, White EP, Memento Dye Ink - Grape Jelly
Koi Watercolors
Club Scrap.com - Kraft & Purple Cardstock
Watercolor Paper, Twine

3 comments:

  1. Your watercolors on this kraft background are stunning, very beautiful! A perfect take on our challenge this week, so thanks for sharing your project with us :)

    AJ, DT
    CYCI

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful Roni - such lovely painting and those colours work so well together :-)
    I am so inspired by your painted flowers - I have been playing with the Daffodil stamp you sent me in the PL and done my first Art Journal page !!!! LoL :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xxxx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card ~ I love your tulip ~ such a fun spring card! ~ Thanks for playing along with us at CYCI ~ Wynne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!