Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Art Squares ATC's

Recently I had the pleasure of being asked to create using Art Squares by Inchie Arts.  Originally they started out offering - Inchies of course but since their inception 8 years ago they have added a whole host of sizes of their fine art squares.  These squares are cut from museum grade preservation matboard which is thicker than the usual chipboard most companies offer.  This matboard is perfect for use with all sorts of watercolor and mixed media techniques so popular right now.



As I mentioned they come in a variety of sizes - 1", 1.5", 2", 3", 4" and ATC's - 2.5" x 3.5" which I will be playing with today.



I figured that Brushos would be the perfect "wet" technique to try out on these ATC's since I tend to go a bit heavy on the wet.  I started off by sprinkling Turquoise, Orange and Rose Red powders on the ATC.


Instead of water I decided to use "Sparkle" Shimmer Mist for an extra kick.  I added lots....


and here's what they looked like while drying...


I didn't waste any of the Brusho's liquid though - I monoprinted a couple of the ATC's and used the edge of one of the ATC's to add a frame by simply swiping the color and letting it run down the edge.


And here's what they looked like...awesome huh?  The sparkle is amazing and adds a whole new dimension to the Brushos!  I have to say the ATC's didn't warp, buckle, etc....  they took the liquid perfectly and the colors are beautiful and vivid.


I only had time to finish a couple ATC's but I stamped on them, used inks and stencils and even markers and they both turned out great.  


Here are my 2 finished ATC's....
(All stamps and stencils are from ClubScrap.com)



I'll have more Art Square fun to share with you in the near future...hope you stop by and check it out!

Supplies:

Art Squares ATC's - Inchie Arts
IMAGINE Crafts featuring Tsukineko - Memento Dye Inks, Sponge Daubers, Sparkle Shimmer Spritz, Memento Markers
Brusho Colour Crystals
ClubScrap.com - Rubber Stamps, Stencils




3 comments:

  1. Ooohh I like how you overlaid (is that even a word?) the stencil! I'm going to start mine this weekend for your challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, both of these are wonderful and so different from each other. LOVE the stenciled background with the stamped sentiment and that shimmer....yes!!! By the way, is this smooth or textured? Can't tell from the photo and just wondering. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have inspired me and I love the Brusho with the shimmer mist.. I especially love the Happy one you did. Maybe next week I can play. The rest of this week is pretty much accounted for with visitors etc. Thanks for sharing your lovely creations.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!