Tuesday, June 9, 2015

A little Lime

Hi Everyone - hope you had a fine weekend...  I know I'm getting started a bit late this week.  JFF is releasing a whole pile of new stamps soon so I've been working on samples (photos at the bottom) for their display board.  I SOOOOOO can't wait to show you these...they are amazing!  Anyway, between that, work, housework stuff it's been a little nuts.  Did you see my watercolor cards I shared over the weekend...lots of fun to make.  Anyway, we had a storm last night which knocked me off line for a while so I decided that was a sign for me to just take the night off from posting....either that or I was just being lazy (prob. the later).

So to get back into the swing of things today I decided to take up a challenge.  I find they are always great for kick starting the creative juices.  Well this month's challenge at Viva Las Vegas Stamps is too cool to pass up.    Here's what I made....


and here's the June VLV Inspiration Board that prompted it...


Wicked cool huh?  I LOVE all of the colors they used so I decided I HAD to join in the fun this month!

Here's how I made it...

I started off by spraying a piece of watercolor paper with water...


Then I sprinkled on Blue, Turquoise and Lime Green Brushos (LOVE the Lime Green!!!!)  It's so fun to watch em work.


I dried a bit with the heat tool then spritzed with Shimmer Spritz so the entire panel now has a lovely sparkle to it.


Stamped some butterflies then stamped & embossed dot fade stamp...


Added a few stenciled splatters and a whole bunch more stampings.


It's a hodge podge of stamps -

Viva Las Vegas - Butterfly/Moth; Dot Fade; Stitches
Just For Fun Rubber Stamps - Alpha
Unity Stamp Co - Butterfly

Supplies:

Watercolor Paper
Brusho Colour Crystals
Memory Box - Stencil
IMAGINE Crafts featuring Tsukineko - Memento Ink, VersaMark, White Embossing Powder, Sponge Dauber, Shimmer Spritz, Radiant Neon Inks

Oh and before I forget...here's what my desk looks like after a marathon card making session...Yes, it's a disaster - it's how I work ;)


And here's the stack of card samples I've made so far.  These are only card fronts as they will be affixed to a display board.  There are over 50 so far....I think I have about 25-40 more to go!


Hope you all have a super evening!



10 comments:

  1. Love the background with Brushos, just got mine & looking forward to creating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your work. The colours are gorgeous! Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the brushos. The background possibilities are endless. I am going to Stampfest Lakeland at the end of the month, I will look for some of your cards at the JFF booth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. omgosh- you are like the energizer bunny-Roni!! heehee
    I really must try these brushos as you make such beautiful pieces using them-awe shoot- shopping again? heehee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roni, I have to agree with Jackie P, I am amazed at what you are able to accomplish in one of your average days...you are amazing! Also, thank you for showing your desk when you are elbow deep in a project...it's nice to know that I am not alone in my messiness when I am mid-project. You are an inspiration to all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for sharing how you created this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome layers and beautiful color!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Brusho background. Thanks for joining us over at VLVS! this month !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!