Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Brusho Colour Crystals & Kraft Cardstock!

Today I wanted to share an experiment I tried with Brusho Colour Crystals...  Previously I tried using the white Brusho Colour Crystals on black cardstock - well while moving around some stuff on my desk I found a pile of kraft paper cardstock panels that I had left over for making a set of cards for someone.  I thought it would be fun to see what the Brusho crystals looked like on this and I was thrilled with the results...


The first example is a combination of White and Rose Red.  The colors in person are so much more vivid...surprisingly so on the kraft cardstock.  I thought it might dull the colors but it didn't one bit!  The Rose Red is one of my favorite colors.


I absolutely LOVE this example - It was made using White, Lime Green and Ultramarine Blue.  Simply stunning - the green is amazing and mixed with the blue & white...beautiful!  

I am going to create a couple of cards with these panels as soon as I have a bit more time but I just couldn't wait to share how pretty they look on the kraft cardstock.  I highly suggest you give em a try if you can.  The lovely results will surprise you.

  

7 comments:

  1. Those look amazing! I love the blue and green one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just rec'd mine from Dick Blick...do you wet the paper & sprinkle the colors or do you spray water on the already placed crystals on paper?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just rec'd mine from Dick Blick...do you wet the paper & sprinkle the colors or do you spray water on the already placed crystals on paper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do both! I suggest you try it both ways - you will achieve two different looks - both of which I love. You can also use them like watercolors by either diluting them with a touch of water or picking up the powder with the tip of a wet (water) paintbrush and painting it on your image/paper. So many fun options! Have fun!

      Delete
  4. Found your blog because of a Pin of these kraft and Brusho backgrounds and I see you are a member of our FB group:) I had not had any success with the white Brusho, but will give it a try again now that I have seen yours. I am now a follower and subscriber and would be honored if you visited my blog and became a follower too: http://karenskreativekards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. have only just discovered Brusho and am thrilled to see that you've been playing with them! Off to browse your blog for ideas and tips on using these awesome products. I didn't even know they had white Brusho....but it looks wonderful on the kraft!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!