Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Club Scrap Homestead Blog Hop!

Welcome Friends to this month's Club Scrap Blog Hop 
featuring October's Kit...



I was so excited when I saw this kit.  It is so hard to find farm related items for adults. Yes, there are all sorts of cutesy farm animals, barns and the like out there but try sellin' that to a couple of 20 something boys and their father. If you've visited my blog much you all know we own a small farm where we raise Hereford cows, make hay and other grain crops (and tractors I think!) which offers up lots of fun photo opportunities.  

I decided to make a photo album for my oldest son for Christmas....I assembled 18 - 5x7" pages (36 individual sides) to fill with all sorts of farm photos.  It's much larger than I initially anticipated but I just seemed to keep thinking of more fun ways to use the papers and stamps.  I then made a front & back cover and bound them all together using my Bind-It All.

Everything in the book was made using the papers and stamps from the kit.  The only extras I used were brown ink, an ink blending tool and my Bind-It All (with wires).  


Here are a few of the lay-outs in the book....






This is the last page of the book...I used the sentiment "Yes, I was raised in a barn." and I'm going to add a photo of him on one of his tractors.  


Here is an aerial view of all the assembled book....  I sure hope he likes it!


My guys aren't the only ones raised in a barn ....
 so was our Gnomie friend.....


He's even chewin' on a stalk of straw.....
which my youngest son tells me I'm not supposed to do -
you could get some sort of toxin from the wheat.

Oh well, Gnomie likes livin' on the wild side ;)


I hope you've enjoyed your stop at my blog 
and
take away a bit of ink-spiration.

Your next stop on the blog is...


And remember - if you get lost along the way you can find the complete listing of hop participants on the Club Scrap Blog along with lots more fun inspiring ideas!

Have a wonderful day!

28 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Roni,your album came wonderful together. I like this spiral binding so you can open the album easy. And of course there is a gnome on the farm....I suspect even more ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roni- I am sure your son will love this album! the colors and scenes are wonderful! And I dig your lil gnome! heehee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute Roni! The gnome looks right at home on the farm! I love the size of this album. Nice touch with the bind it all. This will be fun to fill with pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Abslutely perfect Roni. Love the little book and of course your gnome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful way to use your kit! The 5x7 album will be treasured by your son. Thank you so much for hopping with us every month . . . I always adore your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute. Love the mini album and the gnome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the album and gnome is too cute!!! I would love to own a farm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Roni, your son will adore it! And you Gnome is so fun, love the wheat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did a super job assembling and decorating the album for your son! I know it will be something he treasures. How did I not know you had a farm? Perfect kit for you this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous album and lovely kit! Your gnome made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is beautiful! I may rip you right off!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you did a great job on making the book. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great scrapbook! Can one buy the farm stamps someplace - or do they only come in the kit? I love the country look of your pages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here you go Noreen - http://www.clubscrapshop.com/store/c/621-Homestead.aspx If you scroll down you can see all of the different stamp sets available that match this kit.

      Delete
  15. Beautiful album, thoughtful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great album . . . I'm sure your son will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your album turned out wonderful! Love all the different pages. The Gnome card is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I didn't really realize it, but of course you are right about the access to mature/rustic looking farm themed materials rather than just cutesy kid looking stuff, the Homestead collection fits that for sure. Your album looks great and the Gnome is so funny, with the cute quote by him.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great job on the album - your son will love it - who wouldn't!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Roni! What a beautiful book for your son's pictures. I love your little gnome too! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The book will be a wonderful gift, and the straw in the gnome's mouth is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a wonderful, creative, and meaningful project!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful album! I know your son will love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!