Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Altered Playing Card - Week 6 - Halloween!!!

WOO Hooo!  You all know how much I love Halloween.  Well Week #6 in the Altered Playing Card Challenge is all about Halloween! 

Claudine's first card was painted then she added washi tape and embossed a Halloween image over top...


I kept to the basic design but I used Trolley Grey Art Anthology paint because it was still sitting on my desk from another project. I love this color...it reminds me of a sparklie stone.  I also used it because it was a nice neutral color to go with my washi tape...


You see, I have lots of colorful Halloween tapes so I needed that neutral background so they wouldn't clash.  I wanted the tape to "speak" as the sentiment so I covered most of the card with the tape.


And finished it off by stamping and embossing my trick or treat image  and then finished it off by embossing the edges as well.


The next card was made with a bit of Color Wash, stenciling and pieces torn from a holiday napkin.  


Well, I thought it would be fun to use real definitions from various old dictionaries as my main focus.  I just happened to have this wicked Raven ace of spades card in my stash...  How perfect is that?!?!  Sooo, I glued down several Halloween related definitions - carefully tearing each one so the center ace/raven still showed through.  Once the Creative Medium (collage glue) dried I added orange, green and purple StazOn inks over top.  I LOVE how it turned out!  I stamped the sentiment using black StazOn.


Here are a couple looks at the definitions....



And here are my cards together....  
What fun!  I love Halloween!!!


3 comments:

  1. Hi Roni, great APC's. Love that grey colour and what a lot of lovely tape you have. The trick or treaters are fun. Great idea with the definitions and colours on the second one. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so fabulous, some of my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards! Love the black, white and red and the one with the eye scratched in is cool too! I love your assortment of Halloweenie tapes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!