Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Easter Tin Can

Hey All...

Hope you're all staying warm and having a great day...  I have the beginnings of a project for you ~ a recycled tin can turned into a bit of Easter goodness!

I started off by washing the can thoroughly...a word of caution though...don't stick your hand down in it and swish the dish rag around.  I did and cut my hand ~ of course!  Anyway, after you get the bleeding stopped, dry the inside and out really well.

If desired, punch a couple of holes in the can so you can add a handle at some point.


Next, cover the outside of the can with one or more coats of gesso... I ended up with 3 ~ you could add more or less depending on the look you're going for.


Squirt on a couple colors of inky mist...I'm using Dylusions but you can use what you have.


I dried each layer between coats of color then when it was all dry I sanded away bits here and there for a well-loved look.


I added some fun glittery paper around the center then added a border (sticker) strip of flowers.


I made a little collage tag for the front using all sorts of Easter-y colors, images and papers.  I dyed the ribbon with the same inks I used on the can, added a few dew drops, a bee sticker and...


Well, that's all I'm going to show you for now :)  tee hee hee...you'll have to wait to see the finished can till later!

4 comments:

  1. You stinker--haha...it's going to be very cute, I can tell...just the Eastery tag collage is adorable...looking forward to seeing it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like it will be absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how I love a good cliff hanger!
    Sending you my deepest thanks for keeping us inspired! Happy National Craft month my friend!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!