Thursday, February 20, 2014

Make a Stamped Bouquet

Have you ever wanted a large stamped bouquet of flowers for a card you were working on but didn't have a stamp that would work.  Well that happened to me recently so I decided to work a little masking magic and make my own bouquet!

Here is the finished card....

Stamp Credits: Floral Arrangement, Jean Pocket - Deep Red Stamps


I started off with this Floral Arrangement stamp from Deep Red Stamps.  It's very pretty but much smaller than I needed for my project.

Floral Arrangement Rubber Stamp

So I started off by stamping it twice on scrap paper ~ these two images will become masks to create the bouquet.

I stamped the first image on the cardstock so that the flower sprigs that are located on the bottom of the image above were pointed to the left.    I covered that image with the first mask then turned the stamp 90 degrees so the flower sprigs were pointed to the top of the cardstock.  I then covered that image and stamped additional flower sprigs to the top left and the bottom center.

I knew I was going to "tuck" the flowers into the jean pocket so I started off by stamping the leaves (under the rose) along a straight line - I covered those with a mask and stamped the jean pocket over the leaves. 

I then fussy cut around the bottom edge of the flowers and die-cut the upper portion.  I also cut out the jean pocket which was adhered to my card base.  I used double stick foam tape to mount the grand flower bouquet slightly above the jean pocket so the stamped leaves were peeking out below the flowers.


I am very pleased with how the bouquet turned out...
I hope this gives you a spark of inkspiration to take a stamp you already have
and breath new life into it.

Ink on my friends...

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous, simply fabulous bouquet. Love how you made it and your coloring is exquisite. I love it when I can get more mileage out of my stamps. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever technique! I love "breathing new life" into old stamps, and I'm going to try this using two stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Roni, i have been lurking on your site for a long time and love your work. This technique is a great idea that I will definitely try out. It will make me look at my stamps in a different way to see if i can get more out of them! Thanks and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Roni!!!

    This is so pretty! I'm still having problems (altho only slightly now) with masking. But I never give up so will get it one of these days! I love seeing the steps you take to do your projects. It really REALLY does help out A LOT!!!

    Weather update in W. Montana: We got over 24" of fresh snow yesterday (starting @ noon) till 6 a.m. today. That's on top of the 6" Fri. night. All total so far (since Nov. 23rd) we've had almost 5 feet of snow! I think that's enough now!

    Hugs,
    Carol Metully

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!