Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Victorian Christmas Plaque - Pt 1

Well, it's time to take down my Halloween stuff I made in October for my entry way and replace it with something a bit more fitting so I thought it would be fun to create a Victorian Christmas Plaque.
Today we'll start the plaque by recycling a piece of corrugated cardboard I got in a package some time ago.  I saved this piece because it was so thick and low and behold when I ripped off one side of the paper check out what I found...  This wicked cool honeycomb design inside!!!




I started off by diluting some white acrylic paint about 50/50 with some water.
I wanted the white but I also wanted the kraft color to show through as well.


I started painting - just dabbing it here and there.  It doesn't have to be perfect, just so most of the corrugated board is white.


I then remembered I wanted to cut an oval out of the center so I figured I'd do that before I started painting there....  I simply took my exacto knife and cut through each fin of the honeycomb and made a rough cut oval.  Again, not perfect but close enough.


I then finished painting the rest of the corrugated board.


As soon as I had finished painting I sprinkled on some Distress Rock Candy Glitter.


Don't know if you can see it here or not but it's a nice sparkle over the whole thing.


I had some paint left so I also painted a page from an old latin book and a regular piece if corrugated board.


This is where we'll stop for the day to let everything dry completely...
Tomorrow we'll work on adding embellishments, images and text....maybe even finishing it off!

1 comment:

  1. It looks intriging. Can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!