Friday, December 6, 2013

Mini Christmas Cheer Book - December Altered Pages Challenge "Colors of the Season"

The Altered Pages Challenge for December
is
Colors of the Season!

Of course the first colors that come to my mind for December are red and green so I ran with it...incorporating Glitz's Hello December line of paper and more!

More Glitz 6 x 6 Paper Pads

The first thing I did was to take a couple 2x2 pieces of  Eco Board and covered the edges with Glitz's Black & White Chevron Washi Tape


I then cut a 2x12" piece of cardstock, 2" squares of pattern paper, print and cut my sentiment and cut out select images from the collage sheet - Holiday Postcards AP1155.


Once I had all of my supplies gathered I began assembling the book.
Initially I layered in a sheet of pattern paper on each section of the book...


I then added the images & text to each panel.
I didn't forget about the back, it was also decorated.



After it was all assembled, I glued the assembled pages to the inside of each tape wrapped page.  I added a piece of ribbon, a square of pattern paper to the front and back, sentiment and a Hello December Image Rhinestone to top it off.


Inside Pages...


Back pages...



Monday this and all of the enchanting ideas from the rest of the team will be posted on the Altered Pages Challenge Page for you to see.

Then it's your turn, make your own creation incorporating at least one product from Altered Pages, post it on your blog, facebook page or other photo hosting site and then come and post a link to it on the AP Challenge Page!

You might be the lucky winner for December!!

Good Luck Everyone!!

3 comments:

  1. This is so adorable--I especially love the retro images. I enjoy making things like this but when I'm finished I never know what to do with them. When I've shared them with people they ooh and aah and then ask me 'but what do you do with it?'. I have a lot of neat things I've made--after awhile they feel like clutter, but I can't get rid of them because I love them too much--I've stopped making things other than cards or home decor because of it. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Dinahsoar, if you don't want to part with them then that's a problem. I think handmade items make great gifts. Why not have a serious look at what you have and see if there is anything you would be willing to give and give it to someone special. I am sure they will appreciate it so much. You will feel good about giving, good that it was appreciated, good that you made it instead of spending time and money buying cheap tatt from the shop that has been mass produced in China or India. Also it gives you a great excuse to MAKE MORE. Craft on, craft on......

      Delete
  2. Love this Roni. So neat and so much to look at.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!