Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pocket Full of Christmas

Today I wanted to share with you the card I made using the candy canes from yesterday's post that I gave a bow-ectomy. 

I started off by stamping two Denim Pockets using black Archival Ink. I then stamped the Holly Branch several times in one of the pockets.  I didn't worry about the images over lapping we'll take care of that later.  The holly was colored with a combination of Distress Markers, Spectrum Noir markers and a bit of Cranberry Stickles Glitter Glue.  I added a line of Faded Jeans Distress Ink around the edge of this pocket as well.

The second pocket was colored using Faded Jeans Distress Stain with a bit of Sakura Gelly Roll White Pen here and there to help with the faded look.


I stamped 3 additional holly branches and colored those as well.
After the Stickles was dry they were all fussy cut.


Next came the Candy Canes. 
After they were colored I applied a layer of Crystal Lacquer to each for a bit of shine.


I then assembled the pocket layer in each of the elements.


This is a very dimensional piece which I tried to show in this photo...


And to finish off the piece I added the "Merry Christmas" Holiday Grunge Seal.


I think that the pocket stamp is going to become one of my very favorite stamps...
I get dizzy thinking about all of the fun "stuff" you could tuck into it.

I'm sure you'll be seeing more of it in the future
till then, I hope you enjoy this bit of Holiday cheer!

3 comments:

  1. OMG! That looks like a real denim pocket!! Makes one really cool card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very authentic looking denim pocket! I could see these in groups of 4 decorated for each season!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!