Friday, July 19, 2013

Farm Guy Cards

Hi All...

Sorry I missed you yesterday ~ I did have a stamped card about 1/2 way finished but then had some unexpected things come up which prevented me from finishing and sharing.

Today however I have a couple of cards for some "farm guys".  My oldest son is turning 25 today!!!!  I can hardly believe it, I can still remember (most of it) like it was yesterday.  That year ~ 1988 ~ we were also having a heat wave at this time here in Indiana but thankfully that evening it finally started raining...  it was the first real honest to goodness storm/precip we had had in weeks. 

Anyway, I'm getting off track.... I made the following card for his birthday using an old Stampin' Up set of stamps.  There are 7 different John Deere tractors in the set so it was the perfect set as my son is a John Deere guy.  I only used 6 of the tractors on this card ~ the 7th stamp is a bit newer tractor than I wanted for this project.

I stamped several of the tractors repeatedly on an angle to create the background paper and I used the last tractor for the main image which I colored with Spectrum Noir markers.  I stamped Happy Birthday inside.


The next card is for a family friend who unexpectedly went in for kidney stone surgery yesterday...I think he had like 4-5 and his kidneys had all but shut down.

Anyway, he's a JD guy too so I thought I'd use this set of stamps from TAC (it's old as well and probably retired).  I added the sunflowers and chicken to add a little cheer cause I'm sure he's not feelin' too well today.

 
I also added a little tractor to the inside of the card just for a little surprise for him.

 
So there you go...
a couple of farm - tractor related card ideas
for any farm boys in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!