Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Spring has arrived...

I thought I'd share a few shots of "Spring" I captured recently.
 
These first few photos are of a baby Dove that has taken up sunning it's self in a small flower bed by our front window.  It sits very close to the house behind some lilies and my bird bath while it's mother stands guard at the front of the flower bed. 
 
I just love how they coo and talk back and forth.
We've never had doves so close to the house before but they are so pretty, I hope they stick around!
 


 
The other set of pics I wanted to share were of some lilacs youngest ds brought me on Mother's Day.  They grow out at our farm and are just beautiful.
 
We have a single purple and a double white lilac.
Both smell amazing!!
I wish I had smell-o-vision so you could smell them too!





 
I had promised to share pics of my Double Daffodils but alas the entire time they were blooming it was raining here...for like 4-5 days straight.  They never did bloom very nice because they were constantly being pelted with rain/hail so I guess that will have to wait till next year.
 
Has Spring arrived where you live?
I hope you're enjoying whatever season it is in your part of the world.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful lilacs and I bet they do smell wonderful. I wish I could grow them here.
    We have lots of doves and I love them too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!