Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Blog Changes

TEXT -
 
I've had lots of requests to change the color of the font because it was hard to read. 
 
I can't change the background color but I did darken the text.  In addition I changed the font and made it bold so it's a bit larger and I think easier to read. 
 
I hope this helps those folks with vision issues :)
 
COMMENTS -
 
I also had to switch up the comments area again.  Every time I allow anonymous comments I get TONS of spam.  Blogger is really good at screening out most of it but there are still several that get through.  Last week I had over 400 spam comments and about 20% got through so it showed up on the blog. 
 
I did go back through and deleted them all but I just don't have time to sift through the fakes for the few anonymous real comments.
 
I was able to finally turn off the word verification so that shouldn't be a problem anymore.  That option only recently became available for this template so hopefully that will make lots of folks happy as well.
 
If you have any other concerns, please let me know....
I'm happy to tweak things to make it easier and more enjoyable for you.
 
Have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

  1. Better, Roni! Much easier to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Roni! I hadn't noticed problems with your text but I am having a lot of trouble reading some people's blogs. I do have vision problems and there are a few blogs that I had to stop reading because I can't see the text. Getting older has its drawbacks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't see a problem in not allowing anonymous comments. It's not like you have to use your own name if you don't want to. I don't allow anon. on my blog and luckily don't have a spam problem. Touch wood! Glad you haven't got word veri on, it can be a pain, but if you must you must.... I think your blog is easy enough to read, which is good cos I love visiting here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your blog! and I can read this fine.. thanks ..Rose

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!