Thursday, December 20, 2012

25 Ideas for the Holidays - #20 Candy Cane Bark!

Mmmmm here is one of my favorite recipes of the season....
Candy Cane Bark!
This is pretty easy, very festive and oh so tasty! 
The best part is with all the different types of candy canes out there now you could use this one recipe for a wide variety of flavors...something for everyone!!
Great for gifts or to have around your home for visitors or a yummy snack!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup of crushed Candy Canes (any flavor)
1lb of white chocolate (my choice)
Directions:
1. Place candy canes in a plastic bag and smash them to bits....1/4-inch chunks or smaller works best.
2. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
3.  Combine candy cane chunks with chocolate and stir well.
4. Pour mixture onto a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper or waxed paper & pop it into the fridge for 45 minutes or until firm.
5. After it has cooled, take it out of the fridge & break into pieces...the size is up to you ;) 
This stuff is really fun and easy to make. 
You could of course use milk or dark chocolate but I like the festive look (and taste) of white chocolate. 
And yes, I know white chocolate really isn't chocolate but I still like it.

4 comments:

  1. Yummmm! I'm not much for chocolate except white! This sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Roni,

    Funny, I have a post about peppermint bark up right now! This is the first year that I've made any and I can tell you that I'm going to make it again!!!!

    I did a layer of milk chocolate then a layer of white chocolate. Yum!

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good treat to make with the candy canes that are left over after the holidays, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!