Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Copper Waves of Grain....

I know it should be Amber waves of grain but I used copper leafing flakes to emboss this image.
 
I mentioned that I used some embossing powder than turned to glue when heated and someone asked what it was called.    It's called Stamp N Bond by Stampendous. 
 
I've heard lots of folks say they don't have any luck with it but there is a little trick to it.
You stamp your image with embossing ink, sprinkle & shake off excess as you normally would.  Pre-heat your heat tool ~ heat the embossing powder JUST until it melts.  You can over-cook this stuff so you need to pay attention.  As soon as it melts, apply flocking, metal leafing, glitter, etc.  It works GREAT as long as you don't over heat. 
 
As you can see with this image it picks up even the tiny details of an image.  My favorite way to use it is paired with leafing flakes...I just love the metallic look you get. Much more intense than with embossing powders.
 
 
 
Stamps - Grain collage - Third Coast; Sentiment - Just For Fun

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Roni for answering my question! I really love the look of this card! The copper/gold is awesome! Now to buy some....and getting dirty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Roni, hadn't heard of this product but it sounds interesting. Your project is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tips...I'll have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the tip about the embossing glue(?). I have some but haven't tried it yet. Now I'll give it a try this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! Love the color variations in the copper flakes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!