Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Relax....

Such a sweet sounding word huh? 

Well you know what they say ~ no rest for the wicked...
and if this holds true then I must be REALLY wicked - LOL!!

Things are nuts here...dh is making more hay this year than he ever has so that means I have more sewing to do for our business which in turn means I have to cram all of my "normal" stuff into fewer hours than before.

Anyway, I didn't have time to take pics of "in the process" so I'll just show you the finished card....

Relax on the Beach

Relax on the Beach

The background is a plain sheet of white cardstock (georgia pacific).
First I inked the ocean with a combination of Faded Jeans & Broken China Distress Ink, I added a bit of Mustard Seed for the sun and Stormy Sky near the top.
I applied Vintage Photo and Brushed Corduroy for the sandy area.

I used white Liquid Pearls for the waves, clouds and the foam along the shore.
After those were dry I applied a bit of Stickles to the ocean & sand (don't ya just love that cinnamon Stickles...it's my fav!)

Each of the chipboard shells was covered with a shade of Liquid Pearls then I used either Stickles or Liquid Pearls to add dimension to each.

The little tag was stamped, inked torn and inked some more. 

I mounted the shells & tags using either glue directly to the card or double stick foam to raise it off the card face.

Hope you enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. Roni, this is just gorgeous. What a great "art journal" page this would make! Thanks for sharing. I need to add that I wondered today why you hadn't posted, but thought you just got busy. When I went to clean out my SPAM folder, there, after all the weeks, you were! I noticed that there were 0 comments when I arrived, so maybe this happened to others as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a friend of Debby Lewis~I remember your clock post last Dec~ Loved it. Just wanted to look you up and say hi and I enjoy your work. Truly inspiring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! I love the waves and the stickles- and the seashells- great colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Took my breath away, Wow! Love the colors and texture....from Stickles no less! Cool !

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card. I'd love to spend time at a beach. So, you guys grow hay? Like, for horses?

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  6. Makes me want to go to the beach! Lovely!
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! Love the effect with the pearls

    ReplyDelete
  8. Roni -

    Love this card! Now that is relaxing! You've done an awesome job on it.

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this. that water looks real. you did it perfect

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!