Friday, April 16, 2010

Ink Stained Card Sketch 4-16-10

Hi Friends!

I hope you've all had a wonderful Friday!

I rode along with dh today to pick up some material (we sew specialty items for some of the companies we service) and he surprised me by taking me to a fantastic Michaels store!! Woo hoo!!! It's not one I go to often because it's quite a ways away and I don't ever have to go that direction but it's a fairly new and WAY cool store. Set up different than any other Michaels I've been to. It's almost set up in little boutiques...way fun to shop at. We then got news that the building we've been waiting to move our business into is ready for us now (they had a bit of remodeling to do before we could move in). I rec'd May's Get Inked stamp set in the mail today ~ and if I may say so the images turned out WONDERFUL!!! The theme is vintage baking (shhhhh! ~ don't know if I'm supposed to tell or not) and I simply love how things turned out!! And this evening oldest ds took us out to supper so all in all it was a very nice day.

I have a fun little card sketch for you today using one of my new favorite stamp sets....A Beary Good Year from the Cat's Pajamas. Isn't he just the cutest little guy!! He brings a smile to my face every time I see him!

Ink Stained Card Sketch

4-16-10

....you'll have to excuse the ink on my sketch....it was laying on my table as I was making the card and got a bit inky in the process ;) LOL!!!

card sketch 4-16-10 003

and my card....

Have a Beary Special Day!

card sketch 4-16-10 001

card sketch 4-16-10 002

Tomorrow I'm hoping to have a new paper flower to share with you to add to your....Calla Lilies ~ if everything goes as planned. I think they would be perfect additions to Spring, Mother's Day or Wedding cards or really any other project you'd like to add a bit of beauty and elegance to.

And of course I'll be back on Sunday with more vintage postcard images from my collection.

Till then friends ~

Have you inked your stamps lately?!?!?

2 comments:

  1. You had a great day! The new stamps sound very interesting - can't wait to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a great day Roni! Love this little card by the way, adorable bear, he reminds me of Yogi's friend, Boo Boo!

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!