Monday, March 15, 2010

Glazing Examples Pt III

Remember on Thursday I mentioned that I'd be sharing some examples of glaze paired with Making Memories Texture Tool...well here they are!

This is the little tool that I used to create all of these amazing examples. It's a rubber 4 sided texture tool that was originally intended to be used with their acrylic paints. (you can tell how "loved" it is - lol!!) As long as you wash it immediately after being used in the glaze it will be just fine. Don't let the glaze dry on the tool though...it will get hard as a brick bat. If you don't have one of these little tools in your stash, improvise... there are many items around the house that can double for this texture tool ~ brushes, combs, spoons or other kitchen utensils, etc. Use what you have and experiment! You probably already have what you need hidden away somewhere in your home.

Glazing Techniques - Pt II 005

and now for the examples.

In each example the glaze was applied in a medium/thick layer on the cardstock and then I just started playing.

Fringe Side

Glazing Techniques - Pt II 006

Skinny Teeth

Glazing Techniques - Pt II 007

Notched Teeth

Glazing Techniques - Pt II 009

Fat Teeth

Glazing Techniques - Pt II 008

All of the following were created using a combination of the teeth. As you will note thicker layers of glaze add lighter and darker areas and more defined lines.

Glazing Techniques - Pt II 012

Glazing Techniques - Pt II 013

Glazing Techniques - Pt II 014

The next two examples were created using a corner of the tool. (one fat tooth)

Glazing Techniques - Pt II 015

Glazing Techniques - Pt II 016

Now the sky is the limit!

Play, experiment and have fun with it.

Tomorrow I'll be sharing faux wood grain made with some cool texture rollers & other tools.

5 comments:

  1. I like this Roni, very neat looks. Hmm, think my fingers will make a good tool? I thinks so, reminds me of finger painting when I was a kid - gonna have to try it!

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can cut notches out of cardboard and get the same effect but the rubber ones can be washed so the ink/paint doesn't build up and it lasts forever. Some very cool looks can be created with a technique like this. Thanks for showing us your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this lesson in faux wood grain. I have one of these wood grain tools that I have not used, now thanks to you I know how!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can remember my mom using the wood grain tool to faux her woodwork. After she did the whole room it looked really good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!