Saturday, March 7, 2009

UTEE WINNERS!!!

Hey everyone!
Miss me yesterday?
I missed you all! I hadn't been feeling real well for a while now ~ just thought it was a bad cold that wouldn't go away but I finally broke down and went to the Dr. on Thursday and found out that I had a pretty bad case of Bronchitis/URI which was compounded by allergies which I suspected I had. The dr said the combination of the two were causing asthma attacks. Soooo, now I'm on antibiotics for the bronchitis and breathing treatments to hopefully get rid of the fluid which has built up in my lungs.

Good news is that I have finally started to feel better and can at least breath more than two breaths without going into a coughing/choking fit but...

~

The bad news is that I'm allergic to the cat and/or dogs :(

Not sure what we're going to do about that whole deal...our animals are like family members but I sure as heck don't want to cough and hack for the rest of my life either...I sort of like to breath.

Anyone ever try Zyrtec? Any luck with it?


On to some fun stuff...

I totally forgot about drawing the winner of the assortment of UTEE so my mistake is your gain....I figured I'd give out TWO assortments instead of just one!!

The correct answer to the UTEE/Embossing Ink combo was

Blue = Black Ink

Purple = Clear Ink

Green = Clear Ink

I drew out two winners who had the correct answer using Random.org

and those two lucky winners are......


Smullis said...
I'm guessing black ink for the blue petals and clear for the purple petals and green center.
February 28, 2009 4:31 PM


and


Sue said...
Hi Roni.Gorgeous!!I'd say: Black for the Blue Petals.Clear for the purple Petals and Clear for the green centre. x
March 4, 2009 9:02 AM


Please e-mail me with your snail mail addies and I'll get your goodies in the mail to you :)


If you didn't win today, no fear, I've got a few more goodies up my sleeve for the coming week! If I get around good, tomorrow I have another fun tile technique to share with you before we move onto something new.

Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend!!

Take care and for those of you in the US (except you lucky dogs in AZ)...remember to set your clocks ahead one hour tonite so we can all start that ridiculous day light savings time! (does my sarcasm show???)

8 comments:

  1. Glad you are on the mend Roni! Bronchitis is nothing to mess with!As for allergy meds, I have tried them all and found that Cingular works the best. Hope you get to feeling 100% soon! Take Care - Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are staring to feel better. my one sister used to have the same problems every year until she quit smoking. not sure if you smoke or nt. probably not with allergies. i wish you a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi...wow been there dun that MANY more times than I can count...I am glad u are feeling bettah! Now to stay that way lol: re: pets..there is a product u can slather on your cat for sure to decrease the dander...but if u are allergic to its saliva...not good! I believe there may be something for the dog too...but do NOT ask an allergist lol..usually they just tell u to ditch the pets!!!!! If u smoke...stop :)...Zyrtec...AWESOME DRUG! but u must use it at least 3-5 days before u notice anything! If u notice u are seasonally a wreck...it is advised u begin zyrtec at least 3 weeks b4 that season begins...hope that helps...and u must really increase your fluids now... of course...I will be back to check on u lol...cuz i luv yer blog! Cher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well, Roni. Big hugs.
    Glad that you're starting to feel better now, though.

    Can't believe I won in your comp :)
    Have emailed you.
    Take care. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Roni. I'm sorry you are so sick, but I am glad you now can start to get well.

    How were you diagnosed as having allergies to the animals? You don't have to answer here, of course. It's just that many years ago my dr. suspected that I was allergic to dogs as I had a dog-sitting business at the time and chronically came down with sinus infections. I had to go to an allergist's office and have the needle test. You know - where they inject small amounts of different substances in your arm? It took hours to do and, thankfully, I was only borderline on cats and dogs. So, from that experience I would suggest getting a second opinion on what specifically you may be allergic to before doing anything drastic like going on a full time allergy med or re-homing your family members.

    I really hope it works out for you. I know I would put up with allergies if I had to b/c our dogs and cat are what give our lives meaning. (living with mom now)

    (((( hugs ))))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you figured out what was wrong and are being treated now. So many people have been sick this winter (I count myself lucky).I too am allergic to cats even though we have 3 of them. I had really bad symptoms in college and had a series of allergy immunotherapy shots which helped somewhat. However, I still show a reaction to cats. I was told to keep my pets out of the bedroom at the very least.The good thing is that my problems have lessened over the years but I do have flare ups periodically. I just couldn't give up my pets!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Roni, glad to hear that you are feeling better, pls take care...

    Zyrtec? What's that? Sorry for my ignorance, will you be sharing the technique involving Zyrtec?

    ReplyDelete
  8. zyrtec works great for my allergies. i am allergic to cats but have one. what works for me is that i bathe her (plus she is hairless so there is less allergens). all it takes is water to remove the dander.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!