Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I'm back!

Whew...that cold really kicked my butt! I'm feeling much better today than I have in days. I can finally speak and be heard...for some reason the last few years every time I get a cold it takes out my voice. I end up having to whisper for days. I still have lots of icky lasting effects of the cold as well as a persistent cough/wheeze. Dh has been keeping after me making sure I don't do more than I should...not that I would over do or anything ;) LOL!!

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes...I appreciate them!

I don't have the embossing projects ready to go but I did want to tell everyone what the 4 embossing powders were that I used on the Autumn LO...

They are....

UTEE (letters) sprinkled with Regular Embossing Powders

Autumn - EP challenge

Distress Embossing Powders (rough textures) again paired with Regular Embossing Powders

Autumn - EP challenge

and the one nobody guessed....

Adirondack Embossing Powders!!!

These powders have such a unique quality...if you heat until melted and continue to heat a bit longer you will bring out the white flecks that can be seen in the flourishes below. I just LOVE this effect! Denim AEP is excellent when you want a faded jeans effect. Very cool stuff!

Autumn - EP challenge

In the mean time I thought I'd share a mini album I made recently for the Hannah Grey Design Team -

Supplies:

7 Gypsies Mini Album

Hannah Grey Birds of a Feather Collage Sheet

Sari Silk Fiber Waste

Leaf Ribbon

Bingo Chip

Vintage Text

Mod Podge

Distress Inks

Birds of a Feather

HG - Sept 004

5 comments:

  1. Oh Roni, the album is gorgeous! Did you use stamps for the bird, etc.?

    I'm glad you're feeling better! With the wheezing, you could be on the brink of bronchitis. (Brace yourself, I'm about to say mom stuff.) Try to drink a LOT of fluids and get a little extra sleep. I know it's hard to fit that into your schedule, but it really is the best way to get rid of the lingering coughing, etc.

    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sweetie ~ actually it's all images from the Hannah Grey collage sheet! It's a great sheet...lots of fun images :)

    LOL...Mom advice is always welcome :) I was wondering if that might be the case with the wheezing. Last year I had the same trouble and when I went to the dr she said it was bronchitis/border line pneumonia...I never quite got rid of the noise from it so I'm not sure what's up with that.

    I'm trying to drink more but I get busy and forget. Dh is making sure I sleep. I've been to bed between 8:30 - 9:30pm for the last several days...VERY unusual for me since I normally stay up till midnight - LOL!! I'm really trying to get better...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness you are feeling a bit better, I love the little book and the way you have the vine winding through the wire , thats a good effect. Very nice embossing too, Jaqi

    ReplyDelete
  4. so glad you are feeling better, my friendly advice is LEMONS, LEMONS, LEMONS. I know I've told you before. Trust me on it & try it! It would suck for you to be sick on your birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Trish.. beautiful projects and great embossing tips!
    ps. Thanks for you nice commments on my blog.. they always make my day! Your a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!