Saturday, September 6, 2008

Theresa's Wood Block Collage

Recently I've been sharing different ways to recycle the wood blocks that are left over once you unmount your mounted rubber stamps. Today I wanted to share a project one of my friends recently made....it's a wood block collage.

Theresa gathered all of the stamp blocks that she felt most represented herself. Be it a certain style, an image, etc. She is going to hang it on her craft room wall once it's finished. She was kind enough to share the work in progress with us!

HOW TO:

Initially she decided which blocks she wanted to include in the collage and then arranged them in a pleasing design. She then used Aleene's Fast Grab Tacky Glue and glued all of the blocks together. Once it was dry, she mounted it onto a piece of foam core board and cut away the excess.

Here is her progress so far....

PICT5722

Theresa said she plans adding trim along all of the edges (to cover the foam board) when she gets time. She mentioned that it's not quite sturdy enough that she would feel comfortable mounting it on the wall just yet. I think it's a great start!!

This is a super way to keep all of your favorite stamp images on display permanently!!

I must admit that I've got several wood mount stamps that I haven't unmounted because I love the block images and have them on display (mostly my Tim Holtz & B-Line Design stamps). This will be the perfect way to unmount them AND still keep them on display!

Thanks Theresa for letting me share your cool project with everyone!!!


4 comments:

  1. This cool wood block collage of stamp images brings me a little closer to unmounting my stamps~but I'm not there yet... : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! Well, I've got a few more projects left to share using the wood blocks so maybe, just maybe I'll get you to unmount a few ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Roni, Ive left something on my blog for you, Jaqi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always said they could have my wooden blocks when they pried them out of my cold, dead hands. Now I'm so glad I've been unmounting them.

    Thanks for sharing my collage, Roni.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!