Friday, September 26, 2008

Fun & Funky Wedding Guest Book

This isn't your Mom's Guest Book....or even your own probably!

Here is the Wedding Guest Book I've been working on since Wednesday a.m. and it's FINISHED!!! I am so excited...it's way different than most other things I've ever made ~ especially for a wedding!

My guest book was one of those ~ white books w/plain pages and all...very bland and boring. Well Mindy asked me if I would make her one and sent me several examples of new guest books and mini albums she liked. I combined features from each and this is what I came up with....

All of the pages are hand cut ~ Bazzill Bling cardstock on each side (colors from their wedding). The decorations in the book are either Cricut die-cuts or American Crafts rub-ons. The image on the front of the book is actually taken from their wedding invitation to make it a bit more personal. I bound it using 1" black Bind It All wires. The box is what my MM distressing kit came in about 6-7 years ago!!! See, this is where my pack rat mentality is justified ~ I knew that box would come in handy for something!!!! LOL!! The black flourishes on the box are Grunge Board painted & Stickles added. All flowers are Primas & all of the edges (of the book & box) were sanded & inked as well.

Hope you enjoy!!

Mindy's Guest Book....

(sorry ~ some of the photos aren't the best but I was in a hurry...)


IMG_2351

IMG_2330

IMG_2331

IMG_2338

IMG_2339

IMG_2340

IMG_2341

IMG_2342

IMG_2343

(not sur why these colors are so off but all of the paper is the same color though out...no brown or icky greens!)

IMG_2344

IMG_2345

IMG_2346

IMG_2348

IMG_2349

IMG_2350

Sooooo, what do you think?

Told you it wasn't your mama's guest book ;) LOL!!!


17 comments:

  1. Hi,
    You're right about it not being the usual, certainly not my wedding book which is 47 yrs old. It's interesting and novel and 47 yrs from now it won't be the boring, ho hum books the rest of us have. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfection, thou name is Roni. I think this has officially jumpstarted into me excitement mode...like giddy excited.. thanks so much, it, like you, means the world to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, that must have taken a long time...each page is wonderfully different and so personal. Incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fabulous! I bet Mindy will love it
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What do I think? That book is fantastic! I love all the different shaped pages - it's completely unique and I'm sure they will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's brilliant

    I LOVE it!

    if I am ever mad enough to get married again, then you have a commission :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's wonderful! I love it! Wish Ida thought of something like that 14 years ago. I don't think I'm getting married again but if I do I shall call upon you! Like my rhyme?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is wonderful. My wedding book is 36 years old and I don't even like to get it out anymore it's so boring. Mindy's never will be.

    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  9. A W E S O M E! That is soooooooooooo much better than those icky store bought guestbooks that look like every guest book ever created. Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it, love it! From what I know of Mindy, this is just her style!! Now it's making me re-think the boring, traditional guest book I was intending to make for my dd! I had everyone write a handwritten note at the wedding, with a photograph of each guest..and just need to put it in a book. I see shaped pages and 3-D elements in my future!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply fabulous!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this! I'm getting married in August and wish I could order one! :) Love the creativity- it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm getting married next May and would LOVEEEE to order one. Please contact me if you would be willing to put a price and your time into making a guest book for me!!

    kdubose2@crimson.ua.edu

    -Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome! I love it because it is so unique.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!