Friday, August 29, 2008

4-1 ~ Stampington & Co's Robin Script Heart

I had such fun using today's 4 for 1 stamp...it's not necessarily a new to the market stamp but it is new to me (you just gotta love fresh rubber!!). It's a Christine Adolph design called the "Robin Script Heart" from Stampington & Co. If you've never taken a look at her stamps you'll definitely want to ~ they are amazing. Vintage with a certain flair to them. I just love em!

Roses are Pink...

Now if you know me you know I'm not normally a frilly, pink kind of girl but I LOVE how this card turned out!! The style is very me and I was able to use a recent garage sale find for the first time! The image was stamped on a page from a vintage Gregg Shorthand Manual. It makes such a neat background and the book is FILLED with pages just like that. It was such a find for only $0.25. (I know, doesn't take much to get me excited - LOL!!!) Anyway, once I stamped the image I used the Ink Blending Tool & Worn Lipstick Distress Ink to color around the image. The edges have been inked with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

Robin Script Heart005


Journey ATC...

For this card I applied Alcohol Inks & Metallic Mixative to non-glossy chipboard (you know AI's are normally used on glossy items). The inks absorb into the chipboard and just act totally different than they do on glossy items. It's a fun look to experiment with. You get depth that you may have though you could only achieve on glossy cardstock. I grunged the image up with Rangers White Pigment Pen and then added a couple real postage stamps.

Robin Script Heart003


Birthday Wishes...

More roses! I know, but I just love this paper. It and the pattern paper in the first card are both from a Crafty Secrets pattern paper book. I just LOVE that stuff! The vintage feel of it is so me :) I added a bit of sparkle by using Stickles on the flowers & leaves then I added some dimension by cutting out extra flowers and mounted them around and on the heart using various types of double stick foam tape to add multiple height variations between them all.

Robin Script Heart002


Robin Tag...

O.k. o.k....I'm also on a Stickles Kick - LOL!! I cut the bird from another stamped image and applied various colors of stickles over the entire piece. A bit of Stickles on some mini Primas add the finishing touch!

Robin Script Heart004


Well, there you have 4 more ideas on how to use just one rubber stamp. Isn't it amazing how varying the inks, papers and embellishments can give a single image such life? I just love the 4 for 1 challenge for that very reason. It's always fun to see how things will turn out!

Don't want to forget to give you a sneak peek at next weeks Ink Stained Sketch!

Here it is ~

"Tie a Ribbon"!


Tie a Ribbon


Even though the sketch is called "Tie a RIBBON" you don't necessarily have to use ribbon...think about other options out there for example you could use jute/hemp; paper ribbons, fabric, sequins scrap; etc. The possibilities are endless when you take that first step out of the box.


NOW, for some great news I'm REALLY excited about....


I have got a special surprise planned for Sunday on the Rubber Stamp Retailer/Designer Feature!! It is an awesome new (to the US) product line that I am sooooooo excited about. It is a really cool embellishment with their own accompanying line of stamps. This is going to be a 2 part feature as there are so many things to talk about. I hope you'll pop in and see who it is....cause I'm not tellin' - LOL!!!

2 comments:

  1. The cards are fantastic, and now ive been and bought some stickles since visiting your blog last time....you've got me hooked, LOL.These examples are great , thanks for the inspiration. Jaqi

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that stamp and what you did with it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!