Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Ink Blending Tool # 8 - Faux Wood - Additional Examples

Here are the additional examples using the Faux Wood Ink Blending Tool Technique that I showed you yesterday. I tried to use a variety of colors to demonstrate how versatile the technique is. As you can see you can cover a wide range of themes by just changing your color combos!

You will notice in this first example I used two different colors of Acrylic Dabbers. This just adds a bit more depth to the wood grain look. I like to start out with the light color of paint then go back and add a bit of the darker color for contrast.

Farm Boy

Supplies - Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain Distress Inks; Hazelnut & Denim Acrylic Dabber Paints; CTMH rubber stamps; Ribbon - Unknown; Snap & Photo Corners - Making Memories


Nature Journal

Supplies: Lettuce Dabber; Peeled Paint Distress Ink; UTEE; Mold & Pour (to make the mold); Stickles; Ribbon; Bind It All

Happy Anniversary
Supplies: Dusty Concord Distress Ink; Pearl Acrylic Dabber; Archival Ink Jet Black; Stickles; Quilting Pin; Ribbon; Image - Queen's Dresser Drawers


Slipper When Wet
Supplies: Snow Cap Acrylic Paint; Weathered Wood, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain Distress Ink; Stickles; Fishing Net; Shells; Image - Queens Dresser Drawers


Eight down only 2 more to go :)
Happy Tuesday Everyone!!!


5 comments:

  1. Oh, I really like those samples! My favorites are Farm Boy and Slippery when wet!!
    I would never have thought to use a faux wood finish in colors like blue and green! Thanks for continuing to stretch my boundaries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah - I was thinking the same thing as Karen. Seeing this technique in a color like lavender shows just how versatile it really is. (At first I was thinking paneling - you know like the 70s style paneling that was so in? To match the burnt orange carpet and avocado green stove, I think. lol)

    That piece you made out of UTEE looks great, Roni. Fun!

    ~phinny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog and love all of it. I'd never heard of the blending tool. No, I don't live in a cave:) Please tell us where to get one in one of the next posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great examples Roni, although the first one looks a bit frightening LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Roni, my step son is getting married and they want wood slices with mason jars as the center pieces and it's too expensive so I thought I could paint plywood to look like wood. Could you please help me?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!