Friday, December 7, 2007

Grunge Board!!!!

O.k., I don't know if you've heard about this stuff or not but it's the newest creation from Tim Holtz. This stuff is amazing!



He can tell you about it much better than I can so here is his You Tube Grunge Board video all about it.


See, I told you it was awesome :) Now, here is what I did with it.....


Don't you just love the cute little hanger!! I bought it on line at Spirits Journey, they are just so cool looking ~ perfect to hang cards off of for pics! O.k....back to the card ;) Anyway, the background paper is Club Scrap paper from a very old kit (something around Valentines day). I stamped my guy onto it using Archival Jet Black Ink (my fav. black ink). I then distressed the paper using Tattered Rose, Fired Brick and Aged Mahogany Distress Inks and the Ink Blending Tool. This has got to be my favorite tool of all time....I simply LOVE it. (I have several techniques lined up for the future demonstrating various uses for it!!). Tattered Rose Crackle Paint was applied over the top of the Distress Inks.


The "C" in Cherish, the heart and wings are all Grunge Board. For the "C" I peeled the original "C" into two parts (I used the back part for this letter). Now, this isn't something that anyone has suggested or anything, it's just me messing around. It gives it the most amazing look. It feels just like leather!!!!! Anyway, I distressed the "C" again using Aged Mahogany Distress Ink and the Blending Tool. The bottom half was painted with Walnut Stain Crackle Paints. I added brads & smashed em ;) for a cool vintage look.
The wings were again peeled apart using the back half of each wing. They were then painted with Pearl Dabber Paints. I distressed the heart with Aged Mahogany Distress Ink then partially painted it with Tattered Rose Crackle Paint. You can see how the Distress Inks blend up through the paint for an amazing effect. (Note - this is not something you can control when using it over the Distress Inks. You never get the same look twice but it's always fun to see what happens. Again, not something that is suggested, just something I did.)


So, there you have it...Grunge Board...most definitely something you'll want to play with soon!! Trust me when I say this stuff ROCKS!!!
Supplies - All inks, paints - Ranger; Grunge Board - Idea-ology; Stamp - Postmodern Designs; Brads - Making Memories; Letters - Various; Hanger - Spirits Journey
Wishing you Inky Fingers today!! :)

10 comments:

  1. Okay, I'm off to watch Tim Holtz' video...but I still say it isn't the grunge board that makes it awesome, it's the artist!! (and I'm referring to YOU, Roni....not TIm Holtz, although I'm sure he's awesome as well...!! LOL).
    And I'll be watching for your demos on the ink blending tool...because I want to see how you get those inks to behave the way they do!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thanks Karen!!! That's quite a compliment in my book to even be in the same ball park as Tim.

    ((((((((HUGS)))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh you make me wish I was a stamper! LOL I just don't know that I have the attention span!

    I love the way you smashed the brads, that is genious! And of course the thrifty girl in me loves that you pulled the gb apart.

    Okay, I have to get that ink blending tool, but I have questions--do you have to replace the foam every time you use it? And how do you really use it? You stamp it on the inkpad, or swipe the inks onto it? And it blends in the foam? Or on your project? LOL I'm such a beginner with stamping!

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME! That is just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great - love the angel wings =) Can't wait for more info on the ink blending tool. I've seen it mentioned over on Tim Holtz blog but can't figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Ann, I'm going to be posting some how to's on the Ink Blending Tool this week. It is the BEST!

    Quick answers to your questions, Yes and No, you do replace the foam if you are changing colors/inks. I have sets of pads, one for my Distress Inks (by color family), one of my Nick Bantock Inks, etc.

    I'll show how to use it as well as how to ink it up and use it in the step by steps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. By the way ROni, would something else get a similar result as the ink blending tool? What is it made of? Would I be able to use a cosmetic sponge n a pinch, or is it completely different?
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen, the makeup sponges are different. Going to post the Ink Blending tool intro today :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Grunge Board!!! Love the artwork you made with it! It is so much fun to play with isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!